Sales reps who carry around bulky sales catalogs are quickly becoming a thing of the past. Paper catalogs are impossible or very expensive to customize per client, make it difficult to locate specific items, and very limited in showcasing your products.
With the advent of mobile technology, tablet solutions enable the implementation of mobile e-catalogs that maximize the opportunity of our face-to-face interactions with prospective clients. Modern e-catalog software can be leveraged to excite customers, support up-selling and cross-selling of products, and improve the customer experience.
E-catalogs also form the key foundation of B2B e-commerce storefronts, enabling B2B customers to order directly from their suppliers using a B2C-like shopping cart experience.
e-Catalog means sales velocity
e-Catalogs provide for a simple yet powerful smart search and navigation through a an interactive product catalog that may hold thousands of items and supporting content. Digital catalogs enable:
- Reps to locate an item that a customer is interested in within seconds. Likewise, B2B customers can search through the catalog in your e-commerce storefront, and find the products they wish to order in a breeze. Search by any product category and combination of product attributes, and drill down into product groups, price groups and more.
- Items to be viewed from different angles, in different settings, styles and colors, providing the customer the confidence they need before ordering the product
- Users to zoom into high-definition product images to see the fine details such as logos, stitching, and fine print, helping bring your products to life.
e-Catalog means improved conversion, up-selling & cross-selling
e-Catalogs provide you with full flexibility to easily organize and promote select items in the catalog so as to maximize sales. Promote:
- New arrivals
- top-selling products
- Items on sale
- Upsell and cross-sell recommendations
A well organized e-catalog increases customer engagement and conversion rates. A best practice to follow in B2B e-commerce is to place your select products in multiple categories to increase the chances of your customer clicking on that item. In addition, present your customers with up-to-date inventory levels for each item, to ensure that you sell only the products that you have in stock.
e-Catalog customization: Key to customer satisfaction
E-catalog software should enable you to easily brand and customize your product catalog in support of your specific needs. For example, your e-catalog should provide:
- A means to apply your logo and brand colors to the e-catalog
- Ability to set up search filters according to any combination of your product attributes
- Detailed information page for each product, allowing sales reps to quickly respond to customer questions. In a self-service e-commerce site, your e-catalog will allow customers to easily find all the information they need to make a buying decision.
- Ability to view and download PDFs and documents related to a specific product, including marketing brochures and videos, specs, care and assembly instructions, consumer reports, product warranty and more
If you are searching for a best-in-class e-catalog solution for your field sales reps, we invite you to start with a free trial of Pepperi’s solution for sales teams. You may also take a look at a demo of Pepperi’s B2B e-commerce solution to see how e-catalog software is embedded into a B2B self-service web storefront.