Most people would agree that NetSuite offers one of the best cloud-based ERP application suites around. As its functionality has improved, more wholesalers and B2B order management system distributors are using it to extend business process improvements into different areas of their business.
That’s obviously great news. But it begs an obvious question - should you integrate NetSuite with a mobile sales solution?
To answer that question, it’s helpful to look at what issues B2B online sales businesses are currently facing and whether those issues are enough to make them consider integrating Netsuite with a B2B sales platform.
When asked what they wanted to improve in their business, many B2B businesses answered with streamlining their entire sales process, increasing their brand visibility and ultimately increasing their sales.
It seems the main issues that are preventing this from happening are the lack of automation of the customer-facing field sales processes, as well as timely information exchange between field sales and back-office operations.
This can be broken down as follows;
- Paper-centric sales processes are tedious and time consuming, prone to error and lengthy delivery cycles, due to potential lack of information
- Back office staff within a large distribution company can easily spend 10 – 12 hours each week inputting sales information into NetSuite
- Although inventory levels are updated in NetSuite, sales reps can only access out-of-date information and not real-time data
- Field sales staff are unaware of changes in customer information, including their means of payment and license status
- Sales reps can’t take customer payments whilst out in the field
- Management have little or no visibility into their field sales reps activity
- It is difficult to manage retailers’ merchandizing activity from Head Office without ‘eyes’ in the field
Can integration make a difference?
What if I told you that by extending NetSuite to your sales force, you could not only address all the above issues but also streamline your entire sales process thereby increasing your sales figures.
Integrating a mobile sales solution with Netsuite will simplify the above processes and extend NetSuite’s core ERP functionality to your field sales reps.
Any mobile sales solution should be a cloud-based solution, as NetSuite is, with the two systems integrating via a seamless, bi-directional cloud-to-cloud plugin.
By integrating with Netsuite, a mobile sales platform you could benefit from the following:
- Automated sales entry means faster order taking and more time for building customer relations and consultation
- A reduction in order errors which are inherent in manual order taking
- Management have greater control over their sales team due to sales data being synced automatically with NetSuite. They can use dashboards to identify best – selling products, top sales reps etc.
- Field sales reps have access to up-to-date accounts, license and inventory information
- Promotions, specific customer discounts, new items and price changes can be easily accessed by sales reps in the field
- A mobile sales platform should run natively on any iOS. Android or Windows 10 device and operate in offline mode when internet connectivity is not available
- Orders are automatically synced for payment validation and fulfillment
Integration will enable you to:
- Increase sales through your field sales reps
- Reduce costs through reduced manual order taking
- Streamline your order-to-cash processes
So hopefully that answers the question.
Yes, it’s worth it.