According to a study conducted by Purchase Advertising International (POPAI) “More purchasing decisions are being made in-store than ever before.” The way an item is displayed in-store is crucial to whether a shopper decides to buy it or not. Simply put, organized and attractive product displays increase sales.
Wouldn't you want to know if your products were being displayed like this?
And your competitor's like this?
SupeRep™ has a very cool feature that lets sales reps snap pictures of product displays and file them automatically by category and sub-category. The pictures are available to the Manager in the SupeRep Reports module.
At clients’ locations, they can check on (and document) compliance with display requirements, such as:
• Contractual terms regarding fixtures, signs and placement
• Good selection and visibility of your products
• Organized and attractive presentation
It also keeps your company in the loop about what your competitors are doing:
• Compare how their products look in-store with yours
• Keep a visual record of important information
By the time a customer walks into a store, he or she usually has an impression about the item they are looking for from advertising, word of mouth, the store front, etc. But it’s when they are physically in front of that item that is the pivotal moment. Although today’s shoppers are empowered to make informed buying decisions, it turns out that in-store marketing and branding cues are being used more than ever in making the final choice at the point of sale.
Among POPAI’s findings:
- 76% of purchase decisions are made in store
- Nearly one in six brand purchases are made when a display with that brand is present in- store
- Effective marketing captures buyers’ valuable attention and, in doing so, converts that interest into purchases
In-store marketing is obviously still a powerful tool of persuasion for shoppers. And a picture is worth a thousand words. Just another reason to go with SupeRep™!