WIV Wein International AG, based in Germany, is the world's leading wine distribution company. The company’s reps visit clients’ homes, attend events, and organize home wine tastings to sell local wines from its own Pieroth wine estate, as well as other prestigious wines imported from around the world.
WIV was suffering from inefficiencies due to the use of an outdated, paper-based order processing system. With more than 600 sales reps, the wine merchant, had outgrown their manual systems. The need to automate the sales process with a dsd software to effectively manage their international business was critical.
WIV is a B2C business, and needed an app that would combine a modern mobile e-commerce interface with sales force automation functionality, including integration with WIV's SAP ECC 6.0 ERP system.
Enterprise-grade mobile sales order software solution
In response to WIV’s B2C requirements, WIV configured the Pepperi mobile sales suite by:
- Building consumer-centric ordering workflows to reduce the time from order to delivery. Previously, a customer ordering a wine would have to wait up to ten days for their wine to be delivered, the majority of this time spent in order processing.
- Adding real-time integration with the WIV SAP ERP, ensuring that accurate order fulfilment is initiated without delay.
- Visually allocating reps to clients based on geo-locations, saving traveling time in the field.
- Providing reps with a holistic customer view while on the road, enabling them to personalize their face-to-face interactions with their clients and take informed sales decisions based on prior purchases, customer preferences, relevant special offers, invoice history, and more.
- Scaling the solution to meet the big data demands of a B2C sales company.
The benefits WIV are enjoying
- Streamlined ordering and immediate back-end processing have led to a 70% reduction of order-to-delivery time
- Place orders immediately in the field without the inefficiencies and errors inherent to manual pen-and-paper ordering. And since the solution works in offline mode, internet connectivity is never a concern.
- E-catalog display to increase sales - Now, WIV reps can showcase their wines in a highly interactive, relevant, and informative visual presentation on their tablet device with smart cross-sell and up-sell recommendations.
- Integration with Citrix Mobile Application Management means WIV can control sales reps’ mobile devices remotely to provide the Pepperi app and product updates, and add or remove company personnel as needed as well as remotely wipe data off the devices at any time.
WIV is extremely happy with their early success of the new mobile system.
Sales reps have embraced the solution with great enthusiasm, and WIV is already reaping benefits of increased sales rep productivity. WIV's customers have also responded favorably to the new buying experience, which is streamlined and more professional.
Steffen Hauger, Director CRM for WIV Wein International AG is a strong supporter of the Pepperi solution “Switching from a tedious paper-based order taking system to Pepperi has brought us incredible new sales efficiencies”
We look forward to sharing many more success stories with you. If you have a Pepperi success story of your own to contribute we’d love to hear from you. Just drop us a line.