It wasn't long ago where by default you would have a priority list of items you would walk out the door with, keys, wallet/purse and perhaps a pager. In today's age, this habitual pattern has evolved to include another essential item, the mobile device. The advent of technological mobility has become a major factor affecting daily activities, including social behavior and conducting business. Given it’s far reaching capabilities, if you are a business manager or sales owner, you may have heard of mobile CRM; and wonder what is it and what can it do for my business?
What is a Mobile CRM?
CRM or customer relationship management software, in essence is an all encompassing open source (typically cloud based) cloud system for the storage and acquisition of your businesses data in one central location. CRM software is similar to the functionality of a social network in that it enables businesses to foster and manage their relationships by allowing you to store, interact and access big data. Revealing customer and prospect contact information, accounts, leads and sales opportunities in real time.
It is paramount that a business success begins with great customer satisfaction as well as loyalty. As a business, your primary goal is to establish as many connections as possible, which will in turn cultivate further business relationships, allowing for further growth. Each company you establish a relationship with widens your customer stream, containing important pieces of information that should be accessible by other colleagues.This can make it increasingly difficult to keep up to pace with growing with your ever expansive network. So how do you keep up with the pace of growth? While office based CRM systems are powerful tools for businesses, they do not serve their purpose once you are on the road.
The main advantage of mobile CRM is that whether you are in sales and/or marketing, an executive, technician, CEO or any other mobile worker- using any device (i.e. phone, tablet PDA’s), you can gain access, update and interact with customer data in any location. Mobile CRM can be set up as an extension of the central CRM in which it uses a smaller scale client application over a secure VPN link, or use the CRM via a mobile browser. Bottom line is, top notch mobile CRM’s lets the mobile worker execute every task that they could otherwise do at a desktop.
Still unsure about mobile CRM? Here are some benefits that your company should consider:
- Increased sales value- research indicates that 65% of sales representatives who have fulfilled their sales quotas, work for companies who have adopted mobile CRM, versus 22% who haven’t. Mobile CRM gives Salespeople instant access to account histories, product info as well as price listings and promotions, increasing sales. No more will the excuse of information blackout while mobile hold.
- Quicker Sale Timing- with fewer interactions on mobile CRM, a colleague can complete a sale quicker, allowing for more time in researching potential prospects. Moreover, since each client varies information wise, mobile CRM can be customized to isolate key pieces of information instantly that team members may need.
- Faster Planning- While on the go, mobile CRM organizes key data sets which serves as an ordering platform as soon as a sale is agree to. This feature eliminates any need for further delays from the salesperson.
- Increased Customer Satisfaction- Having a greater level of responsiveness, specifically through streamlined urgent Q&A’s requests for specific parties.
- Improved Information Insight- A business prospect has more behind a name and contact number. With plenty of information that each salesperson collects, information overload is always around the corner, negatively affecting performance. Reduce digging through mounds of data by accessing the right information that relates to that clients specific background.
With mobile CRM’s extensive capabilities, it won’t take long before this tool is mandatory for a range of players the business world. This list includes but is not limited to salespeople, support teams, customer service representatives, all the way to senior management can benefit with heightened productivity using this tool. If you have further interest in mobile CRM, or have any further questions feel free to reach out to us- we would be happy to hear from you!