From small business owners to company moguls, everybody is on the lookout for new social networking ideas. A great way to cash in on the opportunity to develop key skills, listen to leading corporate social media experts, and make industry contacts is to attend one or more of the plethora of social marketing events taking place in venues around the world this year. Find the nearest or most convenient locations and get ready to master the world of social marketing.
Here are some of the top picks in social marketing events, summits, and conferences scheduled to take place during 2013 (in chronological order):
- Those responsible for their company's social media, ecommerce, web intelligence and audience analytics should mark March 18-21, 2013 on their calendars and book a ticket to Toronto, Canada to attend the eMetrics Summit at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre. The event includes inspirational keynote addresses, seeing the latest technologies, participating in comprehensive workshops, sharing ideas, and expanding one's network.
- SMWF Europe is returning to London, England for the fifth time this year. The two-day high-levelconference, taking place March 18-19, 2013, provides topnotch social media marketing insight and strategic social media advice on how to manage brand perceptions, interact with customers and reach heretofore untapped audiences via diverse social media channels.
- Social Fresh EAST 2013, a social media conference, takes place in Tampa Bay, Florida from April 18-19. The conference features presentations from industry experts who share their frontline best practices and bring real-life examples from their own social marketing successes. Attendees are also invited to sign up for the hands-on brainstorming competition.
- New York is chock-full of conferences and corporate events for learning about best practices in social media and for picking up the latest tips and tricks on building a successful social media strategy. From April 8-10, 2013, New York City will be home to the 4th Annual PR and Media Relations Best Practices Summit. The event gives attendees the low-down on creating powerful social media pitches, video and social media news releases, content marketing, measuring a company's online reach and influence, effectively communicating with the public, and getting the company’s messages out to the public and media. Scheduled keynote speakers include the McDonald's Corporation's Director of Social Media, Social Media Editor of Reuters, Director of Media Relations for Con Edison, and more.
- From April 10-11, 2013, Chicago is where to go to attend the 5thannual Mobile Marketing StrategiesSummit, the goal of which is educating corporate decision makers on the ins and outs of mobile marketing strategies. Proven success stories will be presented on brands the likes of American Express, JetBlue Airways, PayPal, and more.
- The windy city is also home to the Social Media Strategy Summit, hosted by the Global Strategic Management Institute (GSMI) and taking place April 22-23, 2013. Attendees will learn how social media participation can enhance a company's brand image, how to maximize lead potential, how to communicate with the team via social media, and receive training in the latest and best social media marketing tools.
- Another event taking place in New York from June 12-13, 2013 is the Corporate Social Media Summit, attended by world-class chief marketing officers (CMOs) (including those of Sears/K-Mart, MasterCard, and more). The event features keynote speakers (such as ESPN, AT&T and L'Oréal) with an emphasis on how to implement a social media campaign, improve marketing response, hone corporate decision-making skills, and keep customers satisfied and loyal.
- To benefit from the wisdom of leading brands, organizations and industry gurus, and to learn the value of optimizing current strategies with tweets, custom apps, and vendors, allowing fans, customers and employees to follow along, check out the three-day Social Recruiting Strategies Conference (SRSC) taking place in Chicago from July 23-25, 2013.
- Social Media Marketing World 2013 is taking place in sunny San Diego, California between July 4 andJuly 9. The event attracts over 1,000 marketers and features multiple presenters (including Sony Electronics, Wal-Mart and Cisco) who empower participants with their social media best practices and inspirational and fresh social marketing ideas.
2013 holds great opportunities for businesses and companies who understand how to engage inthe world of social and digital marketing. As it is becoming the core of marketing, an investment in networking education is guaranteed to yield sweet rewards.
Kfir Bar-Levav started out as a sales rep in 1995. Since then, he has acquired extensive entrepreneurship skills and sales experience as a result of working in the field and managing the sales teams of leading international fashion and luxury brands. Kfir founded WRNTY Ltd. in 2006 and today serves as VP of Business Development.