If you are a manufacturer, wholesaler or distributor of branded goods, are running SAP ERP or SAP B1, and are seeking to boost sales, you’ll want to tune in to this SAP-hosted webcast. Learn how mobile and cloud technologies are extending SAP order management functionality to disrupt wholesale distribution sales.
SAP’s Roger Ruehm is joined by Oren Ezra, VP Marketing at Pepperi, an SAP-certified partner, and Francesc Trilbo, CIO at Escorpion, a world-leading fashion manufacturer and distributor, and a joint SAP-Pepperi client.
Mobile sales automation market trends
After brief introductions, Mr. Ruehm, a global partner at SAP, sets the stage for the webcast by diving into market trends. According to a September 2014 study, the adoption of tablets in sales automation applications has skyrocketed to 35% of organizations already using tablet devices for their field sales automation, and close to 50% that plan to do so in the coming 12 months. Market data pertaining to mobile OS strategies, and the business impact of mobile sales automation is also presented.
Top 5 challenges in field sales order taking
Pepperi’s Oren Ezra explains the top five challenges field sales reps face when presenting to and taking orders from their customers:
- Inefficiencies relating to paper catalogs, paper and fax-based ordering, and manual data entry
- Error prone order entry
- Lack of real-time visibility to inventory
- Customer experience damage
- Sales management visibility and control
Critical checklist for an SAP mobile sales automation solution
Oren continues by outlining the critical checklist for extending SAP with mobile sales automation
- In light of “Bring Your Own Device” (BYOD) mobile trend, SAP shops should seek mobile sales automation solutions that support ALL mobile operating systems, with a native client for iOS, Android, and Windows 8 tablets.
- Mobile sales apps for SAP should be easily adaptable to and integrated with the custom SAP order management workflows already set up to support the business
- Simplicity is imperative - simple to use, simple to set up, and simple to maintain
- On-the-go sales reps will not always be connected online -- whether in a trade show, at an airport, at a client site, or in a showroom online access is never guaranteed .Mobile sales automation must be fully functional in offline mode, and auto-sync when online.
- Bi-directional integration between your mobile sales automation app and backbone SAP SAP processes and data is required.
- Central product e-catalog that can be presented by your field sales reps on their tablets, as well as viewed -- with necessary adaptations -- by your B2B customers via a self-service B2B e-commerce storefront.
Customer success story
It’s now Francesc’s turn to take the mic. He talks in detail about Escorpion’s implementation of Pepperi’s solutions to boost field sales as well as B2B e-commerce at his high-end Spanish apparel company. Fransesc speaks about the adoption of Pepperi’s cloud-based mobile solutions by Escorpion’s sales force, as well as Pepperi’s B2B e-commerce solution by his B2B customers.
“The app required no training within the sales team, it was very intuitive for them, and it supports multiple languages, so even our Portuguese reps were able to learn in their native language.”
Escorpion deployed both Pepperi mobile sales automation for their field sales reps, and Pepperi B2B e-commerce for their B2B customers. The latter was deployed in less than 5 days, including integration to the SAP backend. Francesc describes the business benefits of the SAP-Pepperi solution, more than justifying the investment in the joint solution, and then transitions into the final part of the webinar.
Live product demonstration - extending SAP order management to the mobile sales force
At this point in the webinar, Nir Fogel, product manager at Pepperi walks us through a live product demonstration of the SAP-certified Pepperi solution, using Escorpion test data. Nir demonstrates on his iPad the Pepperi offline functionality, including e-catalog presentation, order taking, and customer management. He then turns to online mode syncing data to the SAP backend.
Naturally, this segment is much better illustrated in the webinar, so you’ll have to watch it and find out more as Nir leads you through the mobile sales automation application.
Our gracious hosts wrap up the session by answering the most relevant and interesting questions that the webinar participants posed throughout the webinar.
These were our cliff notes of the webinar - tune in to the webcast and learn the best practices for extending SAP ERP and B1 order entry with mobile sales automation.